Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Hydrant Flushing a Plumbing Problems

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 13:25:53 -0500, Rick-Meister
wrote:

Wahsing Machine:

Remove the fill hose at the water valve at the back of your washing
machine. You'll see screens inside the valve. Pull them out with a
small pick and rinse off the crud.

Toilet:

Replace the fill valve with a Fluidmaster 400--about $7 at Home Depot.
In the future, the only service they need is a seal replacment that's
located right at the top of the valve. Cost $1.49.

I have rinsed the crud from the screens and the problem has not
improved much.
Is there a way that I can clean out the mixing valve without having to
take apart the machine. (I'll take apart the machine if nec., but I'd
rather not do that right away.)
To reply directly to me, replace all 'z' with 'a' in email address.