Posted to alt.home.repair
Toffee Monday[_2_] Toffee Monday[_2_] is offline

Default Glue for sliding laminate into position

wrote in message
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a glue that would permit me to cover a plastic
laminate countertop by SLIDING a section of new laminate into position
over it?
I can't use contact cement because the layout of the countertop and
overhead shelving won't allow me to simply LAY the new section on top
of the old laminate.
Thanks...

Can't recommend a glue. However, when I used to install laminate, we would
cement both the laminate & surface which the laminate was being applied.
Then use 3/16" dowel rods placed about every 18" or so, so the laminate
wouldn't come in contact with the surface. Position the laminate, then
start removing the dowel rods from the center outward, one by one.