Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Glue for sliding laminate into position

On Oct 18, 9:20*am, dpb wrote:
wrote:
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a glue that would permit me to cover a plastic
laminate countertop by SLIDING a section of new laminate into position
over it?
I can't use contact cement because the layout of the countertop and
overhead shelving won't allow me to simply LAY the new section on top
of the old laminate.

Use a layer of craft paper over the contact cement and a spacers to hold
the laminate off the cement until it is in place then remove them
working from one end to the other. *Be sure to have it in place first
and the one corner to the far other is important to avoid a bubble in
the middle.

--

DPB's comments will work just fine ...if you can execute it.

A very thin layer of epoxy would work as well.

cheers
Bob