Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hydrant Flushing a Plumbing Problems

On Oct 18, 12:11�pm, "Don & Lucille" wrote:
filter the main water line? You'd never styop replacing the cartridges!!"ransley" wrote in message

On Oct 18, 10:35 am, George wrote:

The town (in Massachusetts) recently flushed the hydrants in my
neighborhood .
Now, the cold water in the washing machien runs too slowly (there's no
filter that I can find), the water to one of the toilets never stops
flowing, the aerators on some of the sinks need to be cleaned out etc.
Is there any way to prevent this in the future? Any way to clean the
valve on the toilet without replacing it? etc.? Is the town
responsible for the repairs?
To reply directly to me, replace all 'z' with 'a' in email address.

Put in a filter on the line for all inside plumbing, a cheap sediment
filter will do, no the city is not responsible, but in a small town
they might help.

washer filter in inlet hose likely right at valve

dont use water during hydrant flushing

replace toilet flush valve if its a current plastic one.

the old brass ones can be disassembled and cleaned, replace washers at
that time