Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
James[_17_] James[_17_] is offline

Default Trying to determine whether refrigerator is okay or not.

On Oct 17, 11:34*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

40 is not optimal, but the maximum you want to see. *35-36 is better.

Okay, moving the dial about one number highter gets it within that
range. Apparently the refrig is capable of it.

An empty fridge is not the ideal situation for testing. *The sweating is
cause by moisture condensing and is more likely to happen in warm damp
weather and around the door, especially if the gasket is starting to leak..

I wonder if having cleaned the gasket and mating surfaces - was enough
to make the difference. However, I seem to recall there was sweating
on the inside walls of the refrig too. No evidence of it now. I'll try
the water jugs.