Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Basic advice for an oven bake element house fire (GE JBP24B0B4WH)

On Oct 8, 3:38*am, "PanHandler" wrote:
"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message

5.250...

On Tue 07 Oct 2008 10:10:56p, PanHandler told us...

I'll let others get into your questions, but the upper element is the
"broil" element. On some ovens with a "preheat" feature the broil
element will also come on to help bring the oven to the "bake"
temperature you have set more quickly, at which time the broil element
will shut off.

Some ovens, including GE IIRC, cycle the broil element while on the "bake"
setting, not just to preheat.

Wasn't aware of that. My 6 month old Frigidaire doesn't.

Comments said "SOME" ovens (use the broiler element to bring the
initial baking function of an oven up to temperature more quickly).
Over some 48 years, two homes and various makes of cooking stoves,
we've had both types.