Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mushroom in bathroom

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 06:23:03 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

My wife discovered a mushroom in the bathroom yesterday.

We have a two-story colonial in a fairly most part of the country.

The mushroom was growing out of the corner formed by the floor, the
bathtub, and the wall. It wasn't too big, but it's still worrisome.

Does it necessarily indicate that we have a huge problem on our hands?

Anyone suggest what type of contractor to hire to look into mold/
fungus problems?

TIA

Check for slow or intermittent leaks. Chances are good you have one.
Stop the moisture and the fungus/mold will be history.