Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default 20 AMP in Kitchen

wrote in message
On Oct 17, 3:32?pm, "RBM" wrote:
"Terry Cano" wrote in message

I got home with the wrong one.... HD can be a mess don't trust the
label on the parts box.....was to lazy to go back. ?I'll check the
breaker
pretty sure it is a 20 A
Thanks
Terry

"jack" wrote in message
Code required 20a to your kitchen, so you "ought" to be okay; but it is
prudent to check. ?You should have #12 wire and a 20a breaker. ?If you

can't
confirm that, go back to a 15a outlet.

As a practical matter, what do you want a 20a outlet for? ?Except for a

few
large tools, I don't think I have ever seen a 20a plug.

If it's just the receptacle you're replacing, for properly wired kitchen
outlets, (20 amp circuits) you can use either 15 amp or 20 amp duplex
outlets. Counter outlets should be GFCI protected

shouldnt that be all outlets GFCI within 6 feet of sink etc?

No, it shouldn't. Kitchen counter outlets are required to be GFCI protected