Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default Lubricate with regular oil or WD-40

But Paraffin IS a lubricant:

I never said it or WD-40 doesn't lubricate. I said it is a poor
lubricant.

http://www.outsideoutfitters.com/p-3...-lube-4oz.aspx

http://www.luxcowax.com/pvc.html

http://www.instructables.com/id/Lubr...sing_Paraffin/

Of course the purists use beeswax - it is all-natural and more ecologically
friendly that Paraffin.

If Paraffin is such a good lubricant then why isn't it used more
often? Could it be that there are better lubricants? Are these
better?

Vegetable oil
Soapy water
Baby oil

Just why is it that people use Synthetic oil or premium grade
petroleum lubricants? Do they like wasting their money or do you
suppose it has something to do with these products actually doing a
better job? Do you suppose that these products have multiple
desirable properties
that WD-40 or Vegetable oil can't come close to?