Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default Lubricate with regular oil or WD-40

I do refute your
stubborn and misguided (and erroneous) claims that WD-40 simply
doesn't ever lubricate at all under any conditions.

Now you are imagining things. Please quote me on your claim above.

"WD-40 is not a lubricant"

Not only are you imagining things but you are now lying by making
up a quote and attributing it to me.
I will repeat. Where did I say that WD-40 doesn't ever lubricate?
Be specific and post the message ID

Once the solvent evaporates the WD-40 leaves a thin coat of Paraffin
on the product that ends up gumming the works up, instead of lubing
the works.

Sez you. How many times do you have to be wrong in a day before you
reach your quota, and go back to sleep?

It's common knowledge that WD-40 leaves this film.

Yes, the manufacturer considers that film one of it's positive
attributes. And what makes you think this film does not lubricate.
Science says that it does.

Put that gummy wax substance on ways and it becomes glue.