Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Mushroom in bathroom

On Oct 17, 8:23*am, wrote:
My wife discovered a mushroom in the bathroom yesterday.

We have a two-story colonial in a fairly most part of the country.

The mushroom was growing out of the corner formed by the floor, the
bathtub, and the wall. *It wasn't too big, but it's still worrisome.

Does it necessarily indicate that we have a huge problem on our hands?

Anyone suggest what type of contractor to hire to look into mold/
fungus problems?

TIA

It means excessive moisture, mold and rotted wood to feed the plant.
Start by opening the area and pouring in laundry bleach to kill what
is rotting the wood under the tub.