Posted to alt.home.repair
Swim University Swim University is offline

Default Solar Pool Cover - ignore if you don't own a pool

Some of my customers will even cut thier solar cover into a few
smaller pieces so it is easier to take on and off the pool.

-Matt
http://www.swimuniversity.com

On Oct 1, 3:38*pm, "retired53" [email protected] wrote:
"Bob G." rg327_remove_comcast.net wrote in message

When you remove the solar cover from thepoolso you can get in to
swim, where does your solar cover go?
Is it sitting out in the sun uncovered?
That'll do it.
Bubba

To be honest I only use the solar cover for about a month in the
spring and a few weeks in the fall... never use it in the summer once
thepoolget up to 80 degrees...in September when thepooltemp drops
below 80 then we pull it out again until we cklose thepool..

Neither my wife or I remove it from thepoolwhen it is on thepoolwe
just fold ot back on itself leaving half the pools area uncovered....
Too hard (or us being to lazy) to remove a 20x40 foot cover I guess

Our cover is about 6 years old now and is still in ok shape...

Bob G

Ours is on a reel so it's easy to take on and off. If I had to fold mine I'd
probably do the same thing.

With the new one I'm only going to use it sparingly. No more leaving it on
all winter long. I was using it to help keep thepoolclean and keep the
chemicals from evaporating but if it's at the cost of the cover it's not
worth it.

olddog