Posted to rec.woodworking

Default panel spacers

Frank Boettcher wrote:

I need to order some raised panel spacers. Does anyone have comments
on preference between the barrel shaped, natural rubber spacers and
synthetic rubber spherical spaceballs.

Frank

I've used the spaceballs and have been happy with them. They are cheap,
and if you don't do a lot of doors, a box of 1000 goes a long way.

Interesting aside, last year I repaired and RV door for a friend. The
original door used what looked like white surgical tubing stapled into the
panel groove. My only concern with the spaceballs in that application is
that they don't all get vibrated down to the bottom of the panel.