Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.liberalism,soc.retirement
retired54 retired54 is offline

Default 'Joe the plumber' is not licensed or registered; made $40,000 in 2006 (Toledo Blade)

"George" wrote in message
. ..
retired54 wrote:
"nospam" wrote in message
. ..
wrote in message
http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs...WS09/810160418

He is also not registered to operate as a plumber in Ohio, which means
he's not a plumber.

No, it means he's an unlicensed plumber.

You think Dr. Pepper is board certified?

Read the article. He's not a plumber per the state he works in. I don't
want him working on my house.

This is another example of McCain's bad luck and bad research.

olddog

Not really, lots of folks who are not qualified or licensed to perform a
service own businesses. They simply need staff who are licensed and
qualified. A couple I know own a chain of beauty salons. Neither are
licensed, qualified or interested in working on someones hair but their
staff are. A friend owns a trucking company. He is not licensed to drive
large trucks but he doesn't need to be because if you call him to
transport something one of his drivers who is licensed will operate the
truck. In both cases my friends have good business sense and know how to
promote and grow an honest business and are very busy performing that job.

simply.....he's not "joe the plumber" if he isn't legally licensed to be a
plumber in the state he works in. he's "joe I'm pretending to be a plumber"

and please...don't encourage him...

again read the article:

"Mr. Wurzelbacher said he works under Al Newell's license, but according to
Ohio building regulations, he must maintain his own license to do plumbing
work.