Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker DLT Steve Barker DLT is offline

Default Insulating under floor

1x2s work good. Or even some landscape fabric. It breathes well. or both

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Got my crawl space dug out so I can move around. Want to insulate w/ R19
bats. Joists are 2x6 approx. 24 inches on center. What's the best way to
hold up the insulation? Can't staple the flanges since they need to face
up towards the heated surface. Can't use the "wire struts" since the 24"
on center is only approximate. (± 1/2 inch). Was considering cutting
strips of Mylar and stapling them to the studs under the insulation.

Any other thoughts????

Thanks!!!

Ivan Vegvary