Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Lubricate with regular oil or WD-40

On Oct 15, 9:50*pm, wrote:
On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:44:30 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

wrote:
On Oct 15, 3:51*pm, wrote:
All you have proven is that you are not a very skilled or able
craftsman or mechanic.

You can repeat your mistaken belief that WD-40 is not a lubricant as
http://yarchive.net/chem/wd40.html

How much faith should we put in a source that contains phrases like
""I haven't analysed it" and ""That would make WD-40 *like* the
formulation above" and "It is possible" and "could be something crude
like"?

Probably more faith than any other post on alt.home.repair.
Bruce Hamilton is a author who majored in chemistry.

I'm not questioning Mr. Hamilton's credentials. However, in this case
(11 years ago) he did nothing more than voice an opinion on something
he never analysed. "It could be this, it could be that."

With all the data out there on the WWW, I would think a more direct
source - perhaps someone who actually analysed the product in question
- as well as a more current one, could be found.

But, just like Mr. Hamilton, I'm simply voicing my opinion.