Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Lubricate with regular oil or WD-40

"Smitty Two" wrote in message

I'm with the dog on this one. I don't know why people love to trash
WD-40 so much. I've used it with tremendous success on many, many
applications over more years than I want to count, and the stuff works.
Not just sort of works, but really works. Better than advertised, IMO.

Have to agree. It is not suitable for every application, but certainly works
for many. We use it at work and on one application it causes none of the
problems we get with various greases. The lubricated parts get pushed
through a moisture laden aluminum chest and it holds up rather well.