Bob S.

Default Router for router table

Bruce,

I have the Route-R-Lift by Jessem and by removing the springs (and handles)
it allowed about another 1/2" of travel. Simple task. The top of the knob
on the Freud router adjustment knob pry's off (use a pen knife blade)
exposing the nut you need to get at to take the assembly apart. I packed all
the "spare" parts together in a large plastic baggy and stored them
someplace so I wouldn't loose them..... now where was it I stored them..?

As for the cable to the collet, if you're going to do it , I could send some
pics so you can see how to do it. I didn't take any pics during the process
but I think they would show enough for you to figure it out. As you're
aware, the collet is a double lock. Break it loose, then turn it a few
turns, then another turn for the final unlocking.

The 27mm bent wrench is the way to go. I found that out from John Lucas at
www.workshopdemos.com when he was showing a demo for some CMT products which
included the Hitachi router and CMT bits etc. I have an enclosure built
around my router with a 4" DC port attached so I rarely ever have to pull
the router out of the box except to blow it out every few months..

Bob S.

BRuce wrote in message news:1063287353.724448@sj-nntpcache-3...
thanks Bob, I will go look now. mine is also dedicated but I have not
gone as far as you have. Would removing the springs have any advantage
since I am using the router razier? I will definitely look at a cable
pull for the lock. prying it with a screwdriver and holding it open
with a pencil are getting old. :-) I even tried the MCLS extender but
it adds too much and i can't get most of my bits low enough.

BRuce