Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Lubricate with regular oil or WD-40

"Steve Barker DLT" wrote in
:

No, i'm not very mechanical. I've only been ASE certified since '79
in both automotive and heavy truck areas.

so, **** off and keep spraying your wd40 around. It helps the economy
i guess. It sure as hell doesn't help anything else.

steve

wrote in message
All you have proven is that you are not a very skilled or able
craftsman or mechanic.

You can repeat your mistaken belief that WD-40 is not a lubricant as
many times as you like, but it will not be correct.

You just don't understand what a lubricant is.

You are on the same level of expertise as someone who would claim
that motor oil is not a lubricant, because only axle grease is a
lubricant.

I'd say Bzzzzt again, but I sprayed some WD-40 on it and the noise
stopped due to a sudden lack of friction.

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:17:32 -0500, "Steve Barker DLT"
wrote:

And neither will it be lubricated with WD40, cause WD40 is not a
lubricant.

so,

bzzzzzzzzzzzttt.... thanks for playing though.

wrote in message
news
You may free up a stuck part with a torch if you don't manage to
distort it, but it sure won't be lubricated.

So, bzzzzt.

as a penetrating oil,it's not all that good.

(you top posters are ruining the readability of the thread.
WHO reads bottom to top?)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik