Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Bryan Bryan is offline

Default Solomon Islands Woodwork

Hello everyone, I'm new on here and here's my first post, a Solomon Islands carving.

This one is more of a contemporary carving rather than a traditional one, but if you
look into
the history of culture in the Solomons, the ocean and it's various inhabitants always
feature strongly....

It is relief etched and chiseled from a single piece of timber, and is completely
hollow in the middle.
The photos were taken on a cheap digi camera, but I'll snap some on my SLR if there's
enough people on here
that want to see more...you can't really see the details in these photos, but the
complex texturing on the squid, manta, shark, sea-horse and various fish is really
really beautiful in my opinion...

Anyways hope you enjoy and let me know if you would like to see some more.

Bryan.

Attached Thumbnails
Solomon Islands Woodwork-carving002-jpg  Solomon Islands Woodwork-carving003-jpg  Solomon Islands Woodwork-carving004-jpg