Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
John John is offline

Default Does anyone from england read this newsgroup?

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 20:39:13 +0100, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

"John" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 18:09:45 +0100, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

Who cares? There are some here in Scotland who do... G

Cringe, cringe, perhaps I should have said the UK!

Will you forgive me, please!(:-)

Don't worry about it - apologies all mine - I just couldn't resist
that. LOL.

I used to work with American tourists, and I was quite used to
questions like "What part of England is Scotland in?". I was often
tempted to direct them to the nearest pub for an answer! But the
southern English could be as bad - many of them thought Scotland
started at Yorkshire.

My best ever was a very charming American lady, who asked how she
could get to see around a local country mansion. I explained it was a
private residence and not open to tourists. She thought for a moment
and very seriously asked, "Is that allowed?"

John