Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Does anyone from england read this newsgroup?

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Yes but I'm in Canada now:-p
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Tell us why you want to know....

http://woodarts4u.com/
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Almost on a daily basis! We have an active and very good club here in Oxford
which I belong to. Our patron is Gary Rance, who is probably the best skew
master in the UK. Maybe you have heard of him over in the US.

Keep those edges sharp and the shavings flowing.

Charlie

http://www.oxonwoodturners.org.uk/

--

Charlie Jones
Student Workshop Supervisor

tel, 01865 27516
fax, 01865 275410

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Yep, Chris & Rosemary here in good old Milton Keynes.
How can we help?

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Yes I read it daily and even contribute occasionally.

Tom (Nottingham)

"Hotfoot" wrote in message
Yep, Chris & Rosemary here in good old Milton Keynes.
How can we help?

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 18:09:45 +0100, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

Yes, and we're considering dumping their tea in the harbor again ;-]

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Yes. More of a lurker than contributor.

BillR
Berkshire

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 18:09:45 +0100, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

Who cares? There are some here in Scotland who do... G

John
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote:

Who cares? There are some here in Scotland who do... G

Cringe, cringe, perhaps I should have said the UK!

Will you forgive me, please!(:-)

John

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 20:39:13 +0100, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Who cares? There are some here in Scotland who do... G

Cringe, cringe, perhaps I should have said the UK!

Will you forgive me, please!(:-)

Don't worry about it - apologies all mine - I just couldn't resist
that. LOL.

I used to work with American tourists, and I was quite used to
questions like "What part of England is Scotland in?". I was often
tempted to direct them to the nearest pub for an answer! But the
southern English could be as bad - many of them thought Scotland
started at Yorkshire.

My best ever was a very charming American lady, who asked how she
could get to see around a local country mansion. I explained it was a
private residence and not open to tourists. She thought for a moment
and very seriously asked, "Is that allowed?"

John
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hé John that's probably the same Americans that come across the
Canadian border with the ski's strapped to the top of their urban
assault vehicles in July, and ask how much farther before they can go
skiing ;-))))))))))

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

http://homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhotoAlbum27.html

On Oct 14, 9:56*pm, John wrote:
On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 20:39:13 +0100, "alan.holmes"

wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Who cares? *There are some here in Scotland who do... G

Cringe, cringe, perhaps I should have said the UK!

Will you forgive me, please!(:-)

Don't worry about it - apologies all mine - I just couldn't resist
that. LOL.

I used to work with American tourists, and I was quite used to
questions like "What part of England is Scotland in?". *I was often
tempted to direct them to the nearest pub for an answer! *But the
southern English could be as bad - many of them thought Scotland
started at Yorkshire.

My best ever was a very charming American lady, who asked how she
could get to see around a local country mansion. *I explained it was a
private residence and not open to tourists. *She thought for a moment
and very seriously asked, "Is that allowed?"

John

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 8 Oct, 17:09, "alan.holmes" wrote:

Of course, I have been reading it for years, not taking an active
part, but reading yes!

Peter.

Does anyone from england read this newsgroup? alan.holmes Woodworking 14 October 9th 08 08:10 PM
england Graeme :\) Woodturning 1 October 3rd 05 01:23 PM
What is it, no one seems to know how to read a newsgroup or do a search? [email protected] Electronics Repair 9 July 6th 05 04:24 AM
How to read a newsgroup article SteveB Home Repair 1 April 4th 05 05:42 PM
Trip to England S S Law NH Woodturning 1 September 14th 04 01:25 PM