BRuce

Default Router for router table

I have the Freud 2000 and "Router Razier" in a modified "Norm" router
table. It has worked well. Only complaint is in changing bits, the
collet does not come above the table. I like the variable speed and the
soft start.

One thing that I can find no use for in a router table like Norm's is
the plexiglass door to the router area. I never look in there when it
is running so why have it clear and a static generator to collect dust.

BRuce

Todd Fatheree wrote:

I'm looking into building a router table soon and before getting into that,
I'm thinking about the router I would want to have in there. I have a PC690
that I do NOT plan to use since whatever goes in there I'd rather leave. In
order to have something that's easily adjustable, the two main candidates
are a) a fixed-base router with something akin to the "Router Raiser" or a
plunge router that has a microadjustment feature accessible from the top.
The obvious advantage to the plunge setup is cost. However, I've read
conflicting accounts of the usefulness in practice of the microadjustment of
some plunge routers. Does anyone have positive or negative comments about
the current crop of plunge routers and their effectiveness and ease of use
in this scenario?

todd

--
---