Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default UPDATE: Paint with what?

HeyBub wrote:
I got some Behr high-gloss latex enamel with which to paint some trim.

Using a Peavy brush, roller, or foam applicator all yield god-awful
results. Specifically, in the case of the two brushes, the paint
looks like it was applied with a fork. Using a roller, the result
looks like an alligator hide.

The application was on top of a Behr primer.

Any ideas on how to use this paint to yield an acceptable finish?

Thanks.

------
Failing expert advice, I'm gonna take a bit of trim with the
aforementioned application techniques back to the paint store and
accuse them of selling an anti-barnacle, boat-bottom treatment
instead of paint.

So, I returned to HD and asked for a quart of oil-based, high-gloss enamel.

"We don't have 'high-gloss' enamel," they said.

"I'll take semi-gloss," I countered.

"It only comes in gallons," they parried.

[Cue Monty Python Cheese Shop theme]

---
"I'd link an ice-cream cone, if you please"
The waitress spoke and said "That's nice"
"And what will be your flavor please?
"We've 36 varities,"
"You must be more precise!"

"I'd like a chocolate," he said