Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Lubricate with regular oil or WD-40

On Oct 14, 3:47*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
Kenneth wrote:
On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 08:35:20 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Many years ago they used leeches for a variety of illnesses.

Howdy,

I was amazed to learn that they are being used again...

http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/abs...act.2005.11.12

All the best,

Heck, there is quite a trade in medical maggots,
the little squirming ones, not the two legged kind.

TDD

I recently saw a brief snippet of a show called "101 Things Removed
From The Human Body". There was the typical assortment of knifes,
branches, scissors, etc.

And then there was this...

A lady went on vacation in South America. A few weeks after she
returned she noticed a red swelling sore on her head. She went to the
doctor who found that a maggot had taken up residence under her scalp,
but she didn't have enough access to remove it.

The doctor said that the maggot breathed through the little hole in
the "sore spot" so they needed the maggot to come to the surface a
little more. She put a glob of vaseline over the spot and covered it
with tape. This caused the maggot to dig it's way out of her head and
through the vaseline to get air. A few days later, when the maggot had
made it's way partially out, the lady went back to the doctor. The
doctor grabbed the maggot with tweezers and slowly pulled it out of
the lady's head.

It was at least an inch long and a 1/4" in girth. Oh yeah, it was also
pretty gross.