Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lubricate with regular oil or WD-40

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Oct 14, 7:36 am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
Zz Yzx wrote:
On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 08:11:28 -0700 (PDT), lbbss
wrote:
I've googled this topic and there is two opinions out there. Some
say use regular oil because it last longer, others say use wd-40
because it does not collect dust, which will gum up and create
problems. Any ideas which is better?
WD40 has NO lubricitive properties whatsoever.
-Zz

Many years ago I worked at a defense plant that
manufactured 20mm practice rounds for the U S
Air Force and artillery shell safety devices for
army howitzer shells. The clockwork timer mechanisms
were lubricated with WD-40. Go figure.

TDD

The clockwork timer mechanisms were lubricated with WD-40. Go
figure

Many years ago they used leeches for a variety of illnesses. We live,
we learn, we adapt.

I don't think a leech would have provided the
necessary lubrication.

TDD