Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Paint with what?

HeyBub wrote:
I got some Behr high-gloss latex enamel with which to paint some trim.

Using a Peavy brush, roller, or foam applicator all yield god-awful results.

I've used the Behr top-of-the-line high gloss over the Behr oil primer
w/ no problems. In fact, I've been quite pleased w/ it.

Since you're talking Behr, that's HD and they carry Purdy brushes.
Purdy makes good (and some not so much) brushes, but need the right one
for the job.

I'd never try a roller or foam w/ it, however, and I'd venture the
problem w/ the brush may be that it's a natural bristle instead of
synthetic. Natural bristle brushes soak up the water and aren't
suitable for latex.

Barring that, I'd guess one of three things...well, actually two as two
are similar just opposite extremes...

1. Either it's too hot and/or in direct sun or maybe too cool so it
doesn't have time to flow out before drying out, or

2. It is somewhat thick to flow well or you're not flowing enough paint
onto the surface and trying to brush too heavily.