Posted to alt.home.repair
grodenhiATgmailDOTcom grodenhiATgmailDOTcom is offline

Default Kenmore Elite dryer won't start

We have a 5 year old Kenmore Elite electric clothes dryer. It has
worked flawlessly until last night. When I push the start button it
runs fine, until I let go of the button. As soon as I let go of the
button the dryer stops. I unplugged and plugged back in the power and
it worked fine until the next load. This time unplugging and plugging
back in did not help. Pushing the button several times finally got it
to work. The dryer worked fine the day before and was not hot the
first time it wouldn't start. Any idea what I'm looking at??

I read an older article online about these dryers having a bad
computer board costing over $100. Anyone else hear of this? This
discussion also had some peoiple saying there was a Sears Service
flash that would cover out of warranty work (and some people got it)
others claimed Sears denied any such service flash. Is there a way to
find Sears service flashes online? Anyone know the best way to
approach Sears on this (in trying to get them to cover it)?

Thanks!