Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joel Koltner[_2_] Joel Koltner[_2_] is offline

Default Now We Know Why Postal Service Is So Bad

"flipper" wrote in message
Now you sound like a 'Republican' but liberals don't work that way.
Unions are 'good', period, regardless of how good anything else is and
they write laws to make it so, some Federal and some State.

Yeah, I certainly don't agree with that. Historically, many unions were
good... these days, it's very much a mixed bag, with plenty of unions doing
more to hurt the company they're with than helping their workers.

Like, for
example, 'closed shop' states where it's flat illegal to work in a
unionized professions unless you join the union, so it doesn't matter
one whit how good 'management' is.

If I ran such a company I'd be looking the for means to legally dissolve it on
a Friday & re-open it on a Monday as a new company... without a union. Anyone
who didn't want their old job back -- sans union -- could go and find another
one...

And our Union loving friends have proposed a law banning secret ballot
voting (precisely because of the 'problem' you describe) so union
thugs, who, as the saying goes, 'know where you live', can 'observe'
whether you vote the 'proper' way.

That's ridiculous.

---Joel