Posted to alt.home.repair
olddog olddog is offline

Default price of potassium choloride for water softner

wrote in message
On Oct 13, 9:44 am, "retired53" [email protected] wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message

On Oct 11, 4:12 pm, "Old and Grunpy" t. wrote:

First of all what are you doing with that chemical

I've been using it in my water softener. I live in a town home and
don't have a separate line for my backyard so the softened water is
used to water my plants. From what I've heard I can only use
potassium chloride since using salt would kill my plants.

i've never heard of that but you should be able to bypass your system
anyway.

olddog

You can't use water softened with salt on orchids.

Probably best to put the system on bypass when watering any plants due to
the cost of salt and the fact there is some salt in the water.

I've been watering my indoor plants with soft water without any problems
except my African violet died. I thought it was from improper watering but
it could of been the soften water.

olddog