Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.sport.nascar,alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Mccain: "Don't be scared of an Obama presidency"

Charlie Self wrote:
On Oct 12, 9:17 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
wrote:

nothing good about bush the jerk is the anti christ.......

restarted the cold war, invaded iraq foir no good reason, and
destabilized the mid east as a side effect. saddam kept iran in
check. miss handled katrina, has a serious recession or depression
on his watch. the list goes on

Face it.

The only reason many identify McCain with Bush is so they can get
another more chance to defeat Dubya. That's understandable; we
conservatives have been trying to bury FDR for decades.

And I'll take issue with some of your conclusions. For example,
there are two salutary benefits to the Iraq war:

1. Virtually every ground commander in our armed forces, from
sergeant to general, has led men in combat. You can't BUY this kind
of experience. The tip of the spear is not only sharpened, but
polished.

Bull**** you can't buy it. We've paid in cash (or credit) and lives.

We have virtually no training program where the risk of death or serious
bodily injury is involved. We have no training program at all where you get
to kill people.

As for lives lost, well, that's regrettable. Still, our soldiers joined up
knowing death or serious injury was possible. They thought it was worth the
risk. Same idea as mountain climbing or car racing. The thrill of
accomplishment, the testing of one's self, the exercise of skill.

2. Consider the consequences Sadaam suffered for irritating our
president. Sadaam was stripped of power, evicted from his homes, had
his fortune confiscated, his family exiled, his children killed, his
friends imprisoned, and, in the fullness of time, his own neck
stretched. This endeavor focuses the attention of other who might be
similarly inclined.

There is absolutely no evidence to support this idea.

Libya.