Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Clarke Mike Clarke is offline

Default the fan in the fridge part of Bosch frost free fridge-freezer has stopped

Kevin wrote:

GMM wrote:
We defrost quite a few freezers at work and the simple way to melt the
ice quickly is to direct and regular desk-type fan on it. This will
minimise the amount of time the contents are out of the freezer by a
significant amount. Frozen food in something well insulated should
keep cold for a good few hours.

A fan heater might be even better, though I've never tried it.

as long as you don't do what my sister did and melt the internal
plastics ho hum :-)
I used to defrost our old one with a hair dryer,its bit doggy from
dripping water but always used with a RCD

It's surprising what you can get away with if you're careful. When our
(still under warranty) Bosch fridge freezer needed a thermostat replacing
many years ago the service technician used a hot air paint stripper as his
weapon of choice. It's given many years of trouble free service since then.

--
Mike Clarke