Posted to uk.d-i-y
gazz gazz is offline

Default the fan in the fridge part of Bosch frost free fridge-freezer has stopped

wrote in message
On 13 Oct, 22:30, "John" wrote:
"Doki" wrote in message

wrote in message
As it says in the subject the fan has stopped working (even when we
close the door). It still works ok but I guess it's not as efficient/
effective especially when it's full.
It's a Bosch Exxcel and is only 3 years old though I'm sure it's out
of guarantee.
Any thoughts? Thanks

Swap it for a panaflo one? They last well and are quiet.

Build up of ice that the defrost system couldn't cope with. Try a
thorough
defrost.

what you mean switch it off for a while and let it defrost that way?
If I do that will the freezer stay frozen?

if it's owt like out fridge freezer, the fan in in the freezer section, when
the fridge wants cooling it opens some flaps and turns the fan on,

every so often the ice build up gets too much and contacts the fan blades,
making it run noisy, at this point i defrost the freezer (get some freezer
bags from a supermarket, put the frozen food in them and close them, put
them in the garage on a cold night, and defrost the freezer,

i take the fan housing off and pull the ice off the fan area, makes
defrosting faster.

job done for another 8 or 9 months, when the thing was in warrenty, the
first time it did it, we called the engineer out, he said they all do this,
but most people just leave them untill the ice build up jams the fan, dosent
usually harm the motor, but dosent do it any good and of course the fridge
wont cool much.