Ed Sirett

Default Installing gas cooker/oven in fitted kitchen

NikV wrote:

Well B******* me I thought all those fitted ovens were electric - must have
led a sheltered life:-) thanx for the link I will ahve a look around - just
one question though what type of connection is needed for the gas - cookers
I've had in the past had a bayonet type fixing. We've a gas hob so there
must be a gas supply very close - can I use this??

You'll have to see what the installation instruction say.
The hob need to be done first then the oven. This more or less demands
that the oven is connected with a hose. Possibly with the bayonet outlet
in an adjoining cupboard and a hole between the cabinets.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk