Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.sport.nascar,alt.home.repair
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default Mccain: "Don't be scared of an Obama presidency"

On Oct 12, 1:02*pm, aemeijers wrote:
wrote:
On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 08:38:23 -0400, Blattus Slafaly
wrote:

He had to say something. Those stupid ****ing rednecks were ready to
riot. McCain would have been charged with inciting a riot. The problem
with negative campaigning is that stupid ****ing rednecks would start a
civil war.

I hate to tell you, but it hasn't been "rednecks" that have rioted *in
any recent history.

Oh, they riot all right- it is just usually over sports, not something
as meaningless to them as politics. Look in any big-city/college town
paper the day after their team wins a championship, or loses in the last
game.

--
aem sends...

Go to some of the games. I quit some years ago, because leaving the
stadium got tiresome, and not because of the lengthy bus ride to the
cars. Over the years, I've seen goodly number of fights and had a
couple, but beer emboldened redneck college students are a special
case. Punching each other out on the top row of bleachers ain't the
brightest form of changing each other's opinons, and we seldom left a
UVA game with seeing a half dozen of those and a lot more of the kind
of silliness that leads to such punch-outs.