Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tove Momerathsson[_2_] Tove Momerathsson[_2_] is offline

Default Seeking information about my bench vise.

wrote:
I have a bench vise that I really like and am hoping to be able to
find another one of the same type:-

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b...ent=ViseS1.jpg

It has initials on the side but I have no idea what they stand for:-

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b...ent=ViseS2.jpg

Here is the other side showing the swivel base:-

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b...rent=Vise3.jpg

If you can give me any information about this, I would really
appreciate it.

TIA.

Lewis.

It's the same design approach as a Schlegel (made in Germany), although
the Schlegel is designed somewhat heavier and has the name cast in the
right side. (I googled and couldn't find a current Schlegel site,
only Wayback Machine pages for a distributor that no longer has them:
http://web.archive.org/web/19980207001050/http://www.durbal.com/vise3.htm

HTH,
Tove