BigWallop

Default Securing patio doors

"Mike Jones" wrote in message
Having just moved into a house, I find the sliding aluminium patio doors
have only a basic lock on them.
I bought a couple of Yale multi-purpose door bolts from B&Q. I fitted one,
but it would not fit securely to the sliding door - it came with two
unremovable screws but I guess because the door is not solid, but hollow,
they would not screw right in, and the lock flopped about stupidly. I
managed to get the screws out again, but the instructions don't seem to
recognise that an aluminium door is hollow.
Do I need different locks?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Mike