Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
[email protected] politicallycorrect@ahole.com is offline

Default House painting - price estimate

Bubba wrote:
On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 16:11:05 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I’m trying to get an idea of how much it would cost to have a house
painted (outside.) This is in the Denver Metro.
A couple of pics of the house:

http://hous.shutterfly.com/22
http://hous.shutterfly.com/25

It is a 1966 ranch, brick walls, so we’re talking about the soffit,
the part around the roof, door frames, misc wood trim here and there,
you get the idea. The house is 1,400 sq ft, plus an attached 2-car
garage.

I know it’s hard to give an estimate given the above vague
description, but I’m looking for a ballpark number, so I’m an informed
customer when I meet with the painter to get an estimate.

TIA,
Bubba

So tell me.............how does asking someone on the internet who
doesnt have a clue that pulls a number out of their ass make you an
informed customer??
Wouldnt getting a couple estimates from contractors in your area that
actually come out and look at your house give you a much better idea
of what you should pay for painting your house?
Bubba

You know you can't trust contractors to give a fair price! He needs to
be able to bargain the painters down.
And why is licensing and insurance so damned important? I'll bet you
could get a much better price from someone who doesn't have the added
expense of insurance. And if he has a license, he would have to follow
all those regulations. Shortcuts mean a better price for you.
Trust me. Look for the guy in the raggedy clothes and the old rusty
truck and maybe doesn't speaka da english so good.. He doesn't have high
expenses and thus needs less money to live. He's desperate and will give
you a great price and an almost as good as the expensivel licensed,
insured robber.......oops, I mean contractor.