Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default House painting - price estimate

I’m trying to get an idea of how much it would cost to have a house
painted (outside.) This is in the Denver Metro.
A couple of pics of the house:

http://hous.shutterfly.com/22
http://hous.shutterfly.com/25

It is a 1966 ranch, brick walls, so we’re talking about the soffit,
the part around the roof, door frames, misc wood trim here and there,
you get the idea. The house is 1,400 sq ft, plus an attached 2-car
garage.

I know it’s hard to give an estimate given the above vague
description, but I’m looking for a ballpark number, so I’m an informed
customer when I meet with the painter to get an estimate.

TIA,
Bubba
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Sam Sam is offline

http://hous.shutterfly.com/22http://...tterfly.com/25

It is a 1966 ranch, brick walls, so we’re talking about the soffit,
the part around the roof, door frames, misc wood trim here and there,
you get the idea. The house is 1,400 sq ft, plus an attached 2-car
garage.

I know it’s hard to give an estimate given the above vague
description, but I’m looking for a ballpark number, so I’m an informed
customer when I meet with the painter to get an estimate.

TIA,
Bubba

Probably $3000 or More that is of course with a licensed
contractor.Which you would want For liability purposes!
John
http://www.myinfoviews.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

wrote in news:3374136c-3f66-45de-a760-ac6fbc5284d0
@m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

I’m trying to get an idea of how much it would cost to have a house
painted (outside.) This is in the Denver Metro.
A couple of pics of the house:

http://hous.shutterfly.com/22
http://hous.shutterfly.com/25

It is a 1966 ranch, brick walls, so we’re talking about the soffit,
the part around the roof, door frames, misc wood trim here and there,
you get the idea. The house is 1,400 sq ft, plus an attached 2-car
garage.

I know it’s hard to give an estimate given the above vague
description, but I’m looking for a ballpark number, so I’m an informed
customer when I meet with the painter to get an estimate.

TIA,
Bubba

What a painting nightmare. All those thick high shrubs. I have no idea
what it will cost but you can bet there's gonna be a premium for working
around them!
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

wrote in message
I know it’s hard to give an estimate given the above vague
description, but I’m looking for a ballpark number, so I’m an informed
customer when I meet with the painter to get an estimate.

I'd do it for $400

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:A%THk.2230$W06.1799
@flpi148.ffdc.sbc.com:

wrote in message
I know it’s hard to give an estimate given the above vague
description, but I’m looking for a ballpark number, so I’m an informed
customer when I meet with the painter to get an estimate.

I'd do it for $400

I'll do it for 350 if the shrubs get torched first. I wanna be the one who
torches 'em though. And hey, if you want the soffits evergreen black I can
probably skim another 25 off.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

end the painting forever, with alunimum soffit and fascia, etc.

do it once do it right, and relax
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

On Oct 10, 7:11*pm, wrote:
I’m trying to get an idea of how much it would cost to have a house
painted (outside.) This is in the Denver Metro.
A couple of pics of the house:

http://hous.shutterfly.com/22http://...tterfly.com/25

It is a 1966 ranch, brick walls, so we’re talking about the soffit,
the part around the roof, door frames, misc wood trim here and there,
you get the idea. The house is 1,400 sq ft, plus an attached 2-car
garage.

I know it’s hard to give an estimate given the above vague
description, but I’m looking for a ballpark number, so I’m an informed
customer when I meet with the painter to get an estimate.

TIA,
Bubba

It is impossible to give an honest estimate without looking at the
house in person. How much prep is needed? (Caulking, sanding,
priming, scraping) One coat of paint or two? Are those shrubs going
to be cut back? What brand of paint would you like? Get estimates
from local people (hopefully from ones who don,t hire illegals). The
lowest estimate is not always the best deal. Ask your neighbors for
referrals.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 17:57:14 -0700 (PDT), Sam
wrote:

On Oct 10, 4:11Â*pm, wrote:
[...]

You want an INSURED contractor. In many areas licencing is totally
optional.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

:

[...]

I'd agree - those tall ones need to go. And for the cost of painting
it twice with good paint you can have aluminum soffit, fascia, and
gable siding and nevever have to paint it again in your lifetime. We
had the aluminum siding on our house repainted this year after 38
years. The painter remarked on how nice it was NOT to have tall shrubs
against the house (just a cherry tree that needed to be trimmed back a
bit) House is a 2 story with brick veneer bottom and aluminm siding
top, and aluminum siding on attached garage.
Cost us $1700 for 2 coats of 3rd generation latex - no soffits
(recently done in vinyl)

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

On Oct 10, 6:11*pm, wrote:
I’m trying to get an idea of how much it would cost to have a house
painted (outside.) This is in the Denver Metro.
A couple of pics of the house:

http://hous.shutterfly.com/22http://...tterfly.com/25

It is a 1966 ranch, brick walls, so we’re talking about the soffit,
the part around the roof, door frames, misc wood trim here and there,
you get the idea. The house is 1,400 sq ft, plus an attached 2-car
garage.

I know it’s hard to give an estimate given the above vague
description, but I’m looking for a ballpark number, so I’m an informed
customer when I meet with the painter to get an estimate.

TIA,
Bubba

Nobody knows the condition of the paint so nobody can bid it, but it
seems you dont care about a quality job and think its only just paint
that it needs. There isnt much to paint, who knows about prep.Those
bushes and trees are ugly, hide everything, make work expensive and
keep in moisture, do some work.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

In article , clare at
snyder dot ontario dot canada says...
wrote:

On Oct 10, 4:11*pm, wrote:
[...]

Is any community stupid enough to require licensing of painters
(other than general business licensing)?

--
Keith
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

t...
wrote:

On Oct 10, 4:11 pm, wrote:
[...]

They gave up on that in the late 1800s when they made it a law that in order
to get a license, the applicant had to show up at city hall sober. Painters
didn't qualify.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Sam Sam is offline

wrote:

On Oct 10, 4:11 pm, wrote:
[...]

Hey painters have to be licensed by the state contractor licensing
Board!!
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Bubba wrote:
On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 16:11:05 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I’m trying to get an idea of how much it would cost to have a house
painted (outside.) This is in the Denver Metro.
A couple of pics of the house:

http://hous.shutterfly.com/22
http://hous.shutterfly.com/25

It is a 1966 ranch, brick walls, so we’re talking about the soffit,
the part around the roof, door frames, misc wood trim here and there,
you get the idea. The house is 1,400 sq ft, plus an attached 2-car
garage.

I know it’s hard to give an estimate given the above vague
description, but I’m looking for a ballpark number, so I’m an informed
customer when I meet with the painter to get an estimate.

TIA,
Bubba

So tell me.............how does asking someone on the internet who
doesnt have a clue that pulls a number out of their ass make you an
informed customer??
Wouldnt getting a couple estimates from contractors in your area that
actually come out and look at your house give you a much better idea
of what you should pay for painting your house?
Bubba

You know you can't trust contractors to give a fair price! He needs to
be able to bargain the painters down.
And why is licensing and insurance so damned important? I'll bet you
could get a much better price from someone who doesn't have the added
expense of insurance. And if he has a license, he would have to follow
all those regulations. Shortcuts mean a better price for you.
Trust me. Look for the guy in the raggedy clothes and the old rusty
truck and maybe doesn't speaka da english so good.. He doesn't have high
expenses and thus needs less money to live. He's desperate and will give
you a great price and an almost as good as the expensivel licensed,
insured robber.......oops, I mean contractor.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 16:11:05 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I’m trying to get an idea of how much it would cost to have a house
painted (outside.) This is in the Denver Metro.
A couple of pics of the house:

http://hous.shutterfly.com/22
http://hous.shutterfly.com/25

It is a 1966 ranch, brick walls, so we’re talking about the soffit,
the part around the roof, door frames, misc wood trim here and there,
you get the idea. The house is 1,400 sq ft, plus an attached 2-car
garage.

I know it’s hard to give an estimate given the above vague
description, but I’m looking for a ballpark number, so I’m an informed
customer when I meet with the painter to get an estimate.

TIA,
Bubba

Personlly I think anyone that paints a brick house is a complete
dumbass, but then that's just me!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Been painting forever wrote:
[...]

Good that you know what you are. OP was asking about painting the WOOD
TRIM, GABLES, and SOFFITS on a brick house.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news

Personlly I think anyone that paints a brick house is a complete
dumbass, but then that's just me!

What is dumb about painting soffits and door frames?

Have them done in a material that does not need painting.
That is what I did.

Posted to alt.home.repair

been painting forever wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 22:20:27 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

What is dumb about painting soffits and door frames?

Soffits and door jambs aren't brick you frickin nimrod.

Well, that is the only part he wanted painted you imbecile

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 12, 10:25*pm, aemeijers wrote:
[...]

aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

cover everything with alunimum trim and no more painting ever.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 08:01:05 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

What is dumb about painting soffits and door frames?

Soffits and door jambs aren't brick you frickin nimrod.

Well, that is the only part he wanted painted you imbecile

no **** idiot, again, anyone that paints a brick house is a dumbass.
What part of that do you not get you tard?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What is dumb about painting soffits and door frames?

Soffits and door jambs aren't brick you frickin nimrod.

Well, that is the only part he wanted painted you imbecile

no **** idiot, again, anyone that paints a brick house is a dumbass.
What part of that do you not get you tard?

Sounds like somebody has been mixing solvents in an enclosed space, again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What is dumb about painting soffits and door frames?

Soffits and door jambs aren't brick you frickin nimrod.

Well, that is the only part he wanted painted you imbecile

no **** idiot, again, anyone that paints a brick house is a dumbass.
What part of that do you not get you tard?

Why don't you just say, "Oops. Sorry. I misunderstood the OP?" instead
of being a defensive jack-ass?