Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default House painting - price estimate

wrote:
end the painting forever, with alunimum soffit and fascia, etc.

do it once do it right, and relax

Yeah, and watch the trapped water rot the wood out, like on this place.
Not a fan of skinning wood, at least not if you don't make damn sure to
provide drain holes. If you go that route, REPLACE the fascia with
plastic wood, and take down the old soffit and build back with
ventilated alumimum, sloped properly so it doesn't aim water at the
wall. I'd like to go back in time and beat the SOB that 'improved' this
place. When/if I get around to it, it is gonna cost me a lot of bucks to
make it right.

But as to OP's question- how long do you want it to last? The painting
part is trivial- the hand labor to do the prep work and spot repair and
priming adds up quick. Local handyman may charge a few hundred to throw
paint up there, while a pro painter will take 2 weeks to do the work
right, and charge upwards of $1500 (swag number). Like the others said,
get several estimates, and make sure they all include scraping, feather
sanding, priming, epoxy-stabilizing or replacing any mushy spots, etc, etc.

--
aem sends...