Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus18712 Ignoramus18712 is offline

Default Government stockpiles 500,000 coffins for us

On 2008-10-10, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus18712 wrote:

http://suzieqq.wordpress.com/2008/07...astic-coffins/

The government's foresight makes me feel a little better.
A sealed coffin is going to turn one's body in to mush. You want a box that will let a
few gasses out if you want to be preserved a bit longer. This is a reflection on some
sales pitches widows get about upgrading coffins.

Coffin adds disgust me. Same for morticians. Dig a hole, drop me in, leave a marker,
good enough for my dogs and cats, good enough for me.

I could not care les what happens to my body, as long as my kids will
remember me and the good times.

If they need 500,000 coffins in one particular area, who are they going
to get to do the burying?

robots

Unless it is due to an earthquake or massive fire, something that is
supposedly a one-time event that doesn't leave a hazard behind, like
a bio- or nuclear attack would, you wouldn't be able to get anyone
dumb enough to go in to do the burying. Anyway, if everybody is
already dead there, it doesn't really make much difference if the
bodies are buried, there's no public health left to protect.

The area needs to be repopulated.

The coffins are likely made to accommodate more than one body.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/