Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default "I don't give a f*** what his problem is..."

clipped

I've never been in an HOA but I have been in a Neighborhood Assoc. (NA).
They were the only people I could turn to when my across-the-street neighbor
started throwing pot parties in front of his house at 3:00am.

In some areas (outside city limits) a good NA can be useful.

I'd have no problem moving into another NA but I'd take a carefull look at
the contract and the neighborhood first. Also, maybe get to know the NA
president or attend a meeting if possible.

I wouldn't want to move to another HOA or condo, but the first step,
before making an offer, would
be to ask the seller to see minutes from an association meeting. Only
way to get a true picture of
issues and how they are handles. Next step would be to get police
records for calls to the address
and neighboring properties. Drive through late on a weekend evening.