Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul K. Dickman Paul K. Dickman is offline

Default Price of copper and aluminum

For scrap prices, check here;

http://scrapmetalpricesandauctions.c...p-metal-prices

Click on the appropriate tabs and locate the current prices

Around here (big city, lots of competition) I expect to get about 75%-80% of
the LTL price for clean, well sorted scrap in small quantity (20lb, 100lb)

I expect a higher rate than that (based on spot price) for precious metals

I clean out the shop every now and then, but don't sell scrap on a regular
basis.

Paul K. Dickman

wrote in message ...
Jim:
Do you have any reccomendations for a source for spot prices of
metals?

Hul

Jim Stewart wrote:
Wes wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote:

Spot market for copper is down 37%
from 60 days ago. Aluminum is down 29%.

What is the current price for copper? I found a 335ft roll of 7 strand
awg 6 bare while
cleaning the garage that my brother the electrican can use. He offered
me 1.5x scrap. I
think I bought it years ago for an antenna ground plane I never dug my
yard up to install.

Don't know. Spot is $2.52/lb Scrap seems to
be what the market will bear in your neighborhood.