Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] NoSpamForMe@LousyISP.gov is offline

Default Basic advice for an oven bake element house fire (GE JBP24B0B4WH)

wrote:

On Oct 7, 9:47*pm, Donna Ohl wrote:

Can I just replace the bake element (or is the oven really kaput)?
Can anyone tell me what actually caused the fire (it wasn't food)?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaohl/2923845906/ )

As for the part numbers, your oven is a GE Spectra white. Take the WH
off the part number BTW, it stands for white. That oven has to be at
least five to ten years old so fat chance you'll ever find the part at
GE for that. If you do find it, expect to pay upwards of $70 for it
(PN WB44T10009 for the top broil and PN WB44T100010 for the bottom
bake element).

Upper element from:

http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSea...0548&PPStack=1

$53.70

Lower element:

http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSea...0549&PPStack=1

$49.50

Both in stock for immediate delivery.

Anyway, if you like, call GE and they'll confirm everything I said (I
used to work for GE by the way).
GE tech support 800-626-2005
GE customer service 800-432-2737
GE oven appliances 800-386-1215
GE appliance parts 800-626-2002
GE troubleshooting 800-626-2000
GE Spectra JBP24B0B4 upper broil element P/N: WB44T10009
GE Spectra JBP24B0B4 lower bake element P/N: WB44T10010

Call the Repair Clinic guy at 800-269-2609 instead. He's a lot more
friendly.