Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basic advice for an oven bake element house fire (GE JBP24B0B4WH)

On Oct 8, 12:14*pm, Norminn wrote:
Donna Ohl wrote:
On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 04:35:32 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

The element is replaceable and available online. * Google appliance
parts. *

I couldn't find the oven upper element part number at the GE site (
http://www.geappliances.com/service_and_support/parts/).

Maybe they don't make them anymore because I couldn't even find the model
of the oven (JBP24B0B4WH) at that GE applicance parts web site.

Do you think they don't make parts for this GE jbp24bob4wh oven anymore?

The "wh" at the end probably refers to color (white?). *I did a search
on just "jbp24" and got lots of
hits for "Quick Clean" model........did you try a google search on the
part number?- Hide quoted text -

You;ve figured it out. It wasn't a fire, it was the "Quick Clean"
cycle. Cleaned it out real nice with no scrubbing!