Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basic advice for an oven bake element house fire (GE JBP24B0B4WH)

On Oct 8, 11:05*am, Donna Ohl wrote:
On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 00:13:06 -0500, Steve Barker DLT wrote:
Just replace the element. *I wonder if those firemen replace their car when
a headlamp burns out? *Hmmmmmmmmm

Hi Steve,

I can't find the part number for the GE jbp24b0b4wh oven upper heating
element replacement.http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaohl/2923845890/

Do you know of a good web site (GE doesn't have them even at their parts
web sitehttp://www.geappliances.com/service_and_support/parts/

Donna

Just google for appliance parts. There are plenty of them online and
they should have the element, as it's a common part. However, as
others have cautioned, based on everything you've said I would NOT
just replace the element, without checking all the wiring, switches,
etc in the oven to make sure it's safe.