Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basic advice for an oven bake element house fire (GE JBP24B0B4WH)

On Tue 07 Oct 2008 10:38:04p, PanHandler told us...

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
5.250...
On Tue 07 Oct 2008 10:10:56p, PanHandler told us...

I'll let others get into your questions, but the upper element is the
"broil" element. On some ovens with a "preheat" feature the broil
element will also come on to help bring the oven to the "bake"
temperature you have set more quickly, at which time the broil element
will shut off.

Some ovens, including GE IIRC, cycle the broil element while on the

"bake"
setting, not just to preheat.

Wasn't aware of that. My 6 month old Frigidaire doesn't.

It depends on brand and model. I had a Whirlpool a few years ago that did
this. I thought it was a problem with the range, until I read further into
the owner's manual. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Wednesday, 10(X)/08(VIII)/08(MMVIII)