Posted to alt.home.repair
Donna Ohl Donna Ohl is offline

Default Basic advice for an oven bake element house fire (GE JBP24B0B4WH)

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 00:38:04 -0500, PanHandler wrote:

Some ovens, including GE IIRC, cycle the broil element while on the "bake"
setting, not just to preheat.

Wasn't aware of that. My 6 month old Frigidaire doesn't.

I thought it was bake but I can easily be wrong. It's certainly the upper
heating element though, as can be seen by this picture.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaohl

Do you know WHERE to buy the upper element for the GE JBP24B0B4WH?

The General Electric http://www.geappliances.com/ web page doesn't even
list my six-year-old oven model

Here is where I looked for GE oven element parts:
http://www.geappliances.com/service_and_support/parts/

Do you know where I can find the part number for the GE JBP24B0B4WH oven
heater upper element?