Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower
Ulysses[_2_] Ulysses[_2_] is offline

Default Honda generators

"Vaughn Simon" wrote in message

"z" wrote in message
. ..
One thing that might help for longevity is to use an engine injector

type
cleaner into the air intake and spark plug hole when you change the oil
each time.

I've read many times about people using water in both fuel injected and
carburated engines. I finally tried it on my old '78 F350 (carburated, of
course) before I took it for it's last smog test. I did some other things
too but the emissions were significantly lower. I just dribbled some water
into the carb while it was running and the engine barely noticed it. It
seemed like a dumb idea to put water in the engine but it seems to have
helped. I also put some water in my new *free* Mitsubishi Mighty Max. It
also has a carburator. Is this case I had nothing to lose as it was an
abandoned vehicle and I have not yet spent one cent on it. When I got it
the engine was froze and the throttle was so frozen that I could not move it
with a hammer! I ended up using hydrochloric acid to losen up the butterfly
valves. In any case I did a compression test and one of the cylinders has
low compression with slow build-up so I guess the water didn't help. Even
so It'll make it up my 4WD ONLY hill on 3 1/2 cylinders ;-D

I don't know about that, but I follow the owner's manual to the letter.

That
includes getting every drop of fuel out the tank and carb (it has a

special
valve for that) and coating the inside of the cylinder with a bit of oil

before
storage. This is also a good time to change the oil. Since mine is used

only
for hurricane season, this engine "pickling" becomes an annual event

celebrating
the end of hurricane season.

I've had very good results on several engines by adding some Sta-Bil to the
last little bit of gas and then running it out of gas and then draining the
carb and spraying with carb cleaner. I too completely empty the tank. And
the other thing I always forget to mention is to pull the starter rope until
you get resistance so the valves are closed while in storage.

--
Vaughn

.................................................. ......
Nothing personal, but if you are posting through Google Groups I may not

receive
your message. Google refuses to control the flood of spam messages

originating
in their system, so on any given day I may or may not have Google blocked.

Try
a real NNTP server & news reader program and you will never go back. All

you
need is access to an NNTP server (AKA "news server") and a news reader

program.
You probably already have a news reader program in your computer (Hint:

Outlook
Express). Assuming that your Usenet needs are modest, use
http://news.aioe.org/ and/or http://www.motzarella.org/ for free, and/or
http://www.teranews.com/ for a one-time $3.95 setup fee. Newsguy,
http://www.newsguy.com/ offers a variety of reasonably priced services.

If you
wish to experiment with real Usenet access, they will give you a free

2-day
trial account.

Will poofread for food.