Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower
Ulysses[_2_] Ulysses[_2_] is offline

Default Honda generators

"zxcvbob" wrote in message

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I agree. However, if you want to provide 1,000 watts for a couple hours,

it
is good to know about the cheaper ETQ.

I'm leaning towards the Yamaha 2400i. 25% more capacity than the Honda,
and a lot quieter than the Yamaha 2800i (the 2800i seems like the best
deal if you don't mind the extra 10dB noise, which is still relatively
quiet for a small genset.) I like that the Yamahas have a petcock on
the fuel line, and they are convertible to NP, and while they are a lot
heavier than the Honda they are still luggable by one person (the extra
weight might be a *good* thing -- means a preteen girl is not likely to
steal it ;-) )

I'm the original titewad, but this should be one of those lifetime
purchases.

I can't find a dealer locally (maybe Cabela's, 40 miles away, I haven't
called them) so I guess I'll have to order one online.

That was one of the reasons I bought my second Honda eu2000--there are three
authorized Honda dealers/repair centers within about 15 miles and no Yamaha
dealers.

But, after Honda admitted that the failure of the oil splasher could/would
cause severe engine damage due to lack of lubrication and they refused to
repair the engine I decided to try something else. Actually, there are many
features about my cheap Chinese generator that I like better than the eu2000
such as it will run stuff the Honda won't. I also like the fact that it
will never cost more than $200 to repair it ;-D It's really not very loud
either--louder than the Honda but much quieter than many open-frame gennys.

Thanks guys,
Bob